Late Summer, Fall, & Winter Dock Hands
We are currently seeking candidates to work for us this starting in August. This is a great position for anyone in college looking to make some extra money. This position is anywhere from 15-35 hours, including weekend work. It is a super fun way to be out on the water and making extra money in tips from boaters. We are super flexible with hours, especially if you are in college and trying to work around a school schedule. We would like to bring on 1-2 staff starting in August!
- Assist boaters in docking and securing their vessels on the gas dock.
- Decide boaters’ wants for gas, pump-out, purchase items from Ship Store, petroleum merchandise and equipment.
- Accumulate fee for items and providers and correctly ring up gross sales in money register.
- Hand boater the requested gas hose and return it to the pump when fueling is accomplished.
- Run the Ship Store.
- Assist in running the kayak & jet ski rentals (collecting waivers, checking in, assisting clients on and off the kayaks).
- Answer phones and help book customers in the banquet hall.
- Step into and onto boats from docks and again to docks safely and repetitively.
- Bend, kneel, stoop and/or squat repetitively, all through shift.
- Work outside during summer months.
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Summer Head Sailing Instructor
We are currently working on our second year of our summer sailing camp. Our manager has run premier sailing yacht clubs and nonprofit sailing centers all over the East Coast. Our programs enroll children ages 5 to 13. Instruction takes place in our new Optimist prams. We place emphasis on fun!
Job Description: We are looking for a Head Sailing Instructor for our 2022 summer camp season! Classes run from the middle of June through the middle of August (with July 4th week off).
- Instruction in our youth summer camp (Monday to Friday).
- Ensuring a safe, organized, and educational waterfront and fleet.
- Necessary seamanship skills (upkeep of boats, equipment, and facilities).
- Help prepare and plan activities, chalk talks, etc.
- Other responsibilities considered necessary to meet the goals of Deep Creek Landing Marina.
• Self-motivated team player.
• Must be at least 18 years old.
• Strong background and experience in sailing.
• Previous experiences in instructing/coaching sailing and a commitment to teaching is preferred.
• Must hold US Sailing Level 1 certification or International equivalent.
• Must hold current CPR/First Aid certifications.
Please email email@example.com if interested.