1. Eligible Species – Striped Bass, also known locally as Rockfish.
2. Fishing area is limited to the James River and its tributaries West of the Hampton Roads Bridge Tunnel (HRBT). Fishing East of the HRBT more than 300 feet is not allowed.
3. Only one prize will be awarded per boat. Prize money will be awarded for the three best entries, one per boat. A fourth prize will be awarded for the smallest legal fish by weight. Four separate boats will be awarded prizes.
4. Fishing begins at 6:00 am on November 14, 2020, and fish must be at Deep Creek Landing weigh-in location by 4:00 pm. Registered boats can leave from any port and fish may be transported by car for weigh-in. The tournament committee will monitor VHF Channel 69 and can be reached at (757) 877-9555. The weigh station will open at 3:00 pm.
***A REPRESENTATIVE FROM YOUR BOAT MUST BE IN THE WEIGH-IN LINE AND CHECKED IN WITH THE TOURNAMENT CHAIRMAN BY 4:00 PM OR YOUR FISH WILL NOT BE WEIGHED ***
5. Prize winners will be determined first by weight, then by length (as measured nose to tail, then by girth (as measured just behind the pectoral fins). In the event of a tie, the prize will be divided equally.
6. Entry fees are $160 per boat, including the Captain and a Mate as registered anglers. Additional anglers on a registered boat are $75 each. Youth anglers, age 17 and under, will be $16 unless they are the second angler on a two-person boat, in which case, the boat entry fee applies. Advance registration postmarked or submitted in person or online by October 31, 2020, is $135 per boat, $70 for additional adult anglers, and $16 for youth anglers. Deadline for registration is 9:00 pm on Friday, November 13, 2020.
ENTRY FEES ARE NONREFUNDABLE. EVERYONE ON BOARD A REGISTERED BOAT MUST BE REGISTERED AS TOURNAMENT PARTICIPANTS.
7. All anglers must carry a Virginia Saltwater fishing license or be fishing on a licensed boat and registered with Virginia’s Fisherman Identification Program, you may register for free using the link https://webapps.mrc.virginia.gov/fip/ or by calling 1-800-723-2728.
8. All fish must be caught on rod and reel during tournament hours by the registered angler who enters the fish.
9. Fish may be scanned with a metal detector or cut open for examination at the discretion of the Weigh-Master or the tournament committee.
10. Weather consideration is the Captain’s responsibility. Captains who choose to fish will accept full responsibility for boat and crew.
11. Any protest concerning winners must be made in writing to the Tournament Chairman within 30 minutes of the awards on the day of the tournament and be accompanied by a $100 cash protest fee. If the protest is denied, the protest fee becomes property of the tournament.
12. Any violation of tournament rules will mean disqualification. Please contact Mary Evans, Tournament Chairperson, at 757-877-9555, if you have any questions.
13. Most important, HAVE FUN, Relax and Fish, Fish, Fish!!!